Since last post was so text heavy (and these past couple of days have been to busy for proper reflection), I will leave you with a couple of pictures.
I visited the Dhobi Ghat, a site known as being the biggest outdoor, I guess laundry mat, if you can call it that. The Dhobis wash everything by hand, and when garments are hung up on lines to dry they are like a sequence of flags demonstrating another full day's work.
I was really hoping to go downstairs and explore the area on foot, but was hesitant, understandably, after seeing a sign that stated photography was strongly prohibited and punishable, and it seemed like the area was all of a sudden swarmed by men whose eyes sent out a clear message: you do not belong here. Perhaps the ban on photography explains why when I finally pulled my camera away from my face, I was being glared at by every person on the bridge.
Time for sleep, dearest reader.
I visited the Dhobi Ghat, a site known as being the biggest outdoor, I guess laundry mat, if you can call it that. The Dhobis wash everything by hand, and when garments are hung up on lines to dry they are like a sequence of flags demonstrating another full day's work.
I was really hoping to go downstairs and explore the area on foot, but was hesitant, understandably, after seeing a sign that stated photography was strongly prohibited and punishable, and it seemed like the area was all of a sudden swarmed by men whose eyes sent out a clear message: you do not belong here. Perhaps the ban on photography explains why when I finally pulled my camera away from my face, I was being glared at by every person on the bridge.
Time for sleep, dearest reader.
| After getting off the train |
| memories on a rooftop |
Rudayna, you have a wonderful way with words, and your photos are beautiful. I've just read all your posts thus far, and I'm hooked! Can't wait for the next installment.
ReplyDeleteMagpie misses you.